Strategic Planning is the most valuable exercise your business can undertake. A 3 to 5 year strategic plan:
- clearly defines your operational goals
- unifies your stakeholders, board and staff
- creates a road map for efficient use of your organizational resources
- identifies fund raising and grant opportunities
- establishes benchmarks for assessing progress
Formally reviewing the plan before the budgeting process each year reinforces your goals, provides an opportunity to assess your progress, and allows your organization to budget resources to accomplish its mission.
Randolph Consulting is available to facilitate the entire Strategic Planning process, and will:
- provide neutral facilitation to develop your goals
- review your prioritized goals and objectives from a management perspective
- produce a comprehensive plan for board approval
The Strategic Planning process is valuable for the reasons outlined above, but where many organizations fail to get the most from the process is lack of timely production of a final and complete document and failure to review the plan annually. Randolph Consulting will guide your organization through the entire process and produce a useful plan to guide and assess the accomplishment of your mission.
Strategic Planning should be done before undertaking fund raising or grant writing efforts to ensure your highest strategic priorities are met and adequate resources are in place to achieve your over-all organizational goals. Involving donors in the planning process is an important part of donor development.